ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Thursday, October 29, 2009

CROSBY GETS A HAT-TRICK TO LEAD TO A 6-1 WIN OVER THE CANADIENS


Last night in Pittsburgh, it was a bad night for the Canadiens and a good night for Sidney Crosby who got a hat-trick which lead to a 6-1 victory to snap the Canadiens 4 game win streak. "I felt good. I felt like I was getting chances, but I try to not to think about (hat tricks) too much," Crosby said. "You don't want to jinx it or think about it. I just wanted to make sure I kept generating chances. When Billy and Kuny are fore-checking like they were, creating loose pucks and stealing pucks, I just try to get ready for those opportunities."Rup, Kunitz and Goligoski also scored for the Penguins.

Tomas Plekanec had the lone-goal in the game for the Canadiens in the loss."We made mistakes," said Montreal defenseman Hal Gill, who won the Cup with the Penguins in June. "We had some turnovers and (Crosby) feeds off that. He waits for it and that's when he capitalizes." The Canadiens next game will be on Friday against the Blackhawks.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment