ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

DUCKS SIGN HABS CAPTAIN SAKU KOIVU TO A 1 YEAR 3.5 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT


Today in Anaheim, Ducks GM Bob Murray announced that he has signed Saku Koivu to a 1 year 3.5 Million dollar Contract."I'm very excited to join the Ducks this coming season," Koivu said in a statement. "I'm also looking forward to a full season with Teemu Selanne as a teammate." Saku Koivu has played with Montreal for 13 seasons and 9 seasons as captain. In those seasons he had played 792 games and has scored 191 goals with 450 assists."I enjoyed every moment there," Koivu said today in a telephone conference call from Finland.

"It's a great place to play hockey. Not an easy place always, but a very interesting place.I think and I know I'm a better person after these years. I've learned a lot from Montreal. I will never forget the years I spent there." Koivu was drafted by the Canadiens with the 21st overall pick in the 1993 NHL entry draft."Saku Koivu's character and leadership qualities are unquestioned," said general Manager Bob Murray in a team statement. "He is a skilled playmaker and we are thrilled to add him to our team."Now it's official Saku Koivu will no longer be the Canadiens captain as he joins the Ducks.

Written By Andrew Di Pardo

No comments:

Post a Comment